- Corby Simpson
- Interactive Professional
- 490 Wilfred Drive, Peterborough, ON, K9K2H1
Mazda, BMW, Pfizer, Esso/Imperial Oil, Hyundai, General Motors, Global Television, Sprint Canada, Sony, BMO Financial, Fidelity Investments, Canon Canada, Irwin Toy, Ford, Honda, Acura, Novo Nordisk, Pharmacia, Glaxo-Smith Kline, Bayer, ATI Technologies.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Recognized aptitude for Interactive MAC/PC CD-ROM development using Director/Lingo
- Exceptional creative flair with Macromedia Flash and Actionscript
- Excellent knowledge of web and multimedia development for Pocket PC's
- Understanding of XML and ASP.NET
- Exceptional knowledge of the entire multimedia production process
- Experienced in dealing with clients and managing client relationships
- Experienced with bilingual content and preparation
- Knowledge of copyright and intellectual property rights
- Experience managing development teams (2-5 member teams)
- Understanding of marketing, both online and offline
- Distinguished accomplishments in graphic development and creative design
- Designed and implemented various user interfaces for both web and CD-ROM
- Conscious of functional user control and intuitive navigation
- Expert level skill with Adobe Photoshop and Image Ready
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Fireworks
Whatever Solutions And Media Inc.
Director of Interactive Media - June 2005 Present
Responsibilities: contact me for more information
Lead Interactive Programmer/Designer - May 2002 July 2005
Responsibilities: As the lead developer I was primarily responsible for creative ideas and approaches to working on projects and ensuring they are done on time and on budget. I work with lead management to scope potential projects and provide quotes ranging from small businesses to fortune 500 companies. I write code, develop interfaces and brainstorm concepts as I am intimate and skilled with every aspect of Interactive design and development. I delegate tasks to my developers when appropriate and explore new and emerging technologies. I initiated and developed an online video delivery engine that has formed into a new sister company of creativePOST, Media Expanse. I also successfully initiated development for multimedia applications on the Pocket PC primarily for Pharmaceutical Representatives.
Joint Emergency Services Operational Advisory Group (JESOAG)
Web and CDROM Developer - December 2001 April 2002
Responsibilities: The Joint Emergency Services Operational Advisory Group consists of Police, Fire and EMS from the Halton Region. As one of five developers, we developed a two hour interactive training CDROM with live action video to help develop better teamwork, communication and understanding between Police, Fire and EMS during emergency situations. Although the original intent of this CDROM was the Toronto region, it is now a mandatory training tool across Canada.
* Awarded the gold medal at the Peter J. Marshall awards, August 2002
Post Producers Digital
Editor and Assistant Editor (co-op placement) - December 1999 June 2000
Responsibilities: While working at my co-op placement in downtown Toronto, I co-ordinated editing sessions for various clients in a very fast paced environment and also edited the show reels for two national award shows. I created demo reels and promotional videos for various high profile clients and worked as assistant editor for very large International Corporations.
Summer 2004 - Presented by: Bill Sweetman
Summer 2004 - Sheridan College
Interactive Multimedia Diploma
Graduated 2002 - Sheridan College
- Appointed to Dean's Council as representative of student fellowship
- Awarded Sheridan Scholar status for top of class GPA(3.95/4.0)
Media Arts Diploma
Summer 2000 - Sheridan College
- Sheridan Scholar status for final year